Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Guess What?




Happy St. Paddy’s Day. How could I resist? Scot was Irish thorough and through, except for the 1/32 of him that is Iriquois. The “Guess What ?” is that we are back at Pat O’Shea’s for our celebration of the green.

Scot drives Funhouse over to the Chuck Berry subdivision of Rock and Roll real estate. I picked this song because it is a good demonstration of moving past the one note guitar solo.

Yes, there is a moment when Scot is singing, “Ma ba ba ba ba,” but does it matter? Him and John Lennon with the lyrics. Watch Scot switch back and forth between lead and rhythm guitar. Again, him and John Lennon.

I used to joke that living with Scot was like living with a combination of Pablo Picasso and John Lennon—two real low-key egos. What does that say about me?

This isn’t about me. It’s about Scot, and I think by now, anyone following this blog is beginning to realize how blessed we were to have this incredible human being in our midst. Notice how Scot ends the number by commenting on how good the audience sounds.







No comments: