Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Argh!




Having the “It Worked For Two Days, But Not Today” blues. I had a killer track, picked out and converted to an MP3, but I can’t find it. Sorry. So tonight I have to rely once again on one of my old steadies. This is Plank Road doing, “Wild About My Lovin’.” This song is listed as traditional in some places and in others, I saw a guy named Jim Jackson(1928) attributed as the author. It was covered by the Lovin’ Spoonful, which is I’m sure where Scot heard it first, and also by Linda Ronstadt and Stone Pony.

The artwork for today started out as a graphite drawing. Scot then laid down some acrylic washes on the drawing (the elements, not the background). The piece was then scanned and more digital information layered on the piece (the background). Scot often drew men in ties, although he personally rarely wore one.







No comments: